Friday, March 20, 2009

iPhone 3G vs. Black Berry Storm

The great debate over which phone is better, has more potential and will continue to dominate the phone market will rage on until a new successor has arrived. But for now, we have the iPhone and the Black Berry Storm to play will. Having used both to a great extent I can easily determine my pick!

The iPhone hands down beats the Storm in nearly every category. The Storm is clunky, single touch screen only and lacks the wonder of the iPhone. Even though the iPhone has been out for quite some time, the Blackberry has had plenty of time to refine its model and create a solid product.

Without being biased, it’s difficult to say anything particularly good about the Storm. It almost caused me to not even try the iPhone. The internet was slow nearly every ware I was, single touch press screen thingy was interesting, however does not allow for multi-touch speed browsing like the iPhone does. Even as I write this there still no application store for the Storm as of yet.

My biggest problem is not really a complaint more of a concern is that the iPhone gets fairly warm after lengthy use. I did some research and found a couple of horror stories, however all of my friends say its normal and nothing to be too alarmed about.

My theory behind the Storm is that it is not really intended to be a replacement for the iPhone. Black Berry understands the momentum behind the iPhone and doesn’t necessarily want to compete directly with it. They have plenty of other good phones such as the Curve and the Bold.

No comments:

Post a Comment