Sunday, April 5, 2009

Pathetic, Annoying and Anxious!!

So I was trudging along my list of internet links and I came across this piece of garbage information. Now who seriously gives a shit how fast anyone clears Naxxaramas? Congratulations to the 25 people have won looser of the year award. Not only do I find the 25 people who cleared it pathetic, but anyone who deems this moderately exciting information needs some sort of evaluation.

To be perfectly honest I have stepped foot in Naxxaramas twice since the release of Wrath of the Lich King and horrors ran through my brain once more. The voices of gamers who have yet to have their balls drop acting like General Patton in what simply a tank and spank dungeon. My favorite, which never seems to fail to exist in any Ventrillo or Teamspeak channel, is the lone female gamer who constantly flirts and gets hit on by a bunch of grease-balls. It just simply never fails.

Now if you’re getting sick of my Call of Duty rants you might want close the page now because here I go again! For those who do not know Call of Duty has a game mode called Search and Destroy. The idea here is to Search and Destroy an objective, I place more emphasis on Search. Now if your team is on offense, that being it is your turn to Search and Destroy, I don’t think that implies sitting in your spawning zone with a sniper rifle. What makes this frustrating is the faggotry of having to find this last person after you have eliminated everyone else. He has no chance to get to the bomb site in time and win the match with a sniper rifle.

Lastly, I’m still anxiously awaiting my Tritton headset. My tracking invoice states it should be here by tomorrow (Monday). I did some deeper research about the headset and I couldn’t confirm whether of not I needed an HDMI cable or whatever it was called to hook this bad boy up. I went back to the Tritton website and it hints that every thing you need to hook it up is in the box. I’m going to be a sad panda if I have to go purchase more equipment to get this thing going.

The great thing is even though I have yet to receive the product, I feel that I made a great buy. I thought long and hard about the Turtle Beach 4X at Best Buy the other day but all the reviews and comparison that I read came to the exact same conclusion I did at the store. The conclusion was that the audio quality that the Turtle Beach 4X spits up lacks because of the wireless. Wireless 5.1 surround has yet to be perfected, supposedly.

2 comments:

  1. I hate campers in FPSs. I guess that is one reason I've always enjoyed CTF as my favorite format in any of those games.

    As to the WoW thing, speaking of, kind of a funny situation happened. Jess was in a particularly annoyed mood (which means she kind of gets really blunt with people) and her brothers mentioned they were going to a state-wide meet for the game, and she was like "oh so you are going to actually leave your computers and meet REAL people for a change?". They had this look of shock and embarassment, and I felt well, 45% sad for them and 55% amused. It didn't help when they tried to defend it with "having met net people before" and that said net people were "their friends". I feel pity because I know it can be hard to make friends sometimes, but still, people you only know through an avatar, message board or video game aren't friends. Guess I'd be less harsh on them if they were actually out doing the socializing/real life living that they ought to be doing at their ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s funny you mentioned that. Because a few weeks ago I came across this website (I'll dig up the link tomorrow) that you pay them yearly. In doing so, if you die in real life (haha) they will get your "online affairs" in order. That being they will tell your online friends what happened to you and what to do with your accounts and currency.

    This is just getting scary how far this online shit is getting. I've literally watched many of human beings waste away in front of WoW and Second Life.

    I guess the positives are the real world is just that much less competitive.

    ReplyDelete