Friday, April 10, 2009

Tritton AX PRO and Newegg.com

Monday came and I finally got my hands on this hefty piece of gear. First I must give mad props to newegg because of the smooth and painless process of actually getting my headset. The shipping was free and they got it here within 3 days. I firmly believe if I placed my order Monday-Thursday I would have had my package the next day only because I live 60 miles from their warehouse.

Having done a hefty amount of research on this product there was almost nothing left to my surprise when I finally opened it. I place everything out on my bed and began rummaging through the instruction to discover what I had ultimately figured would be the case, I needed another cable. I ran out to Best Buy immediately and bought what I though was the right cable.

Microsoft Xbox 360 HDMI AV Cable.

At that point I made plans with a friend to watch a movie so that I never got home to really test the headset until later that evening. So I eventually arrive at home and begin setting this thing up. At first everything fits and seems to work out right. But everything doesn’t.

I would have had the right cable if my TV supported HD. The item I purchased comes with an HD cable and a component sound cable. What happens with this setup is your HD cable is intended to be your video and now your main port (I don’t recall the name of it. The big fat one) is exclusively your sound.

Defeated, bummed out and slightly anxious that there might not be a solution and I could be stuck with a $180 headset, I end up going to bed and plan to deal with it the next morning. I call Tritton and ask them about what I need and if there is a solution. He points me in this direction.

Microsoft Xbox 360 Component A/V Cable Set.

I fly to Best Buy and make the exchange not forgetting to grab some Subway and head back home. I hook it up, after a few minutes of head scratching and flicking a tiny switch on the cable it came alive! I do not plan to write a review kissing Tritton’s ass. But if you’re low on space, money and need to keep the girlfriend happy I suggest dropping your money here. It’s worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment